- NATO’s RIPOSTE TO RUSSIA – In response to alleged Russian military interference in the eastern Ukraine the Western defence alliance has mounted exercises in the Baltic and Black Sea. Meanwhile, the UK has vowed to bring two super-carriers into service and France has indefinitely delayed delivery of new helicopter carriers to Russia.
- DANES PREPARE FOR FOST – Denmark gets ready to notch up a milestone by sending its two newest frigates to the Royal Navy’s renowned Flag Officer Sea Training (OST) organisation at Plymouth.
- TORPEDO VICTIM REMEMBRED - Charles Strathdee and Alysoun Sharpe tell the story of how a British warship met her end off the coast of Scotland. They also report on a commemorative event at sea attended by relatives of those who lost their lives a century ago.
- HMAS AE1: STILL ON PATROL - A century after the mysterious disappearance of the Royal Australian Navy’s (RAN’s) first submarine, HMAS AE1, in waters off Papua New Guinea, memorial services were held across the island and in Australia.
- TERRORISTS ATTACK KEY SHIPS - Chief Analyst Usman Ansari reports on a daring Taliban attack on the Pakistan Navy that he suggests may well have been an attempt to target one of its nuclear-capable submarines.
Pictured Above: The Agosta-90B submarine PNS Hamza, which was probably a target of the recent Taliban attack. Photo: Pakistan Navy.
Buy WARSHIPS IFR for to read much, much more!
Contents subject to change.